Sangamon House is a recovery home program that provides a safe and stable living situation to assist women in acquiring recovery living skills for re-integration into the general community. Women who have completed a residential or outpatient treatment program progress to a recovery home environment, where women can begin to re-learn life and vocational skills for independent living.
Program Components and Services
- Recovery Specialist are assigned to assist and ensure that the residents are identifying and meeting their recovery responsibilities by developing a 12-step self-help recovery network, as well as meeting family and financial responsibilities. By providing structure and guidance to the lives of the residents, they may learn to overcome barriers to recovery and problems that precipitate relapse.
- The average length of stay for this program is 3 to 6 months.
- Introduction to 12 steps of recovery, i.e. AA, NA, CA. Click Here for more resources.
- Behavior modification.
- By providing structure and guidance to the lives of the residents, they may learn to overcome barriers to recovery and problems that precipitate relapse.
- Learning recovery skills, i.e. deal with self, family, friends, employers in a sober mature manner.
- Time management & financial management skills.
- Wrap around services that support those in treatment and recovery. These services include a comprehensive on-site health clinic, health wellness and management, family centered treatment, employment, training and more.